The end of the semester is nye, and it is once again time for my much anticipated, now-annual-tradition, An Extraordinary House Purge and Cleaning. This year, I am calling it "The Twelve Days of Cleaning," after, well, you know.
Here is my tentative list (which seems to feature a lot of closets) for each day, beginning with December 16th, the day after commencement ceremonies:
1. Study (file, purge, deep clean)
2. Bedroom closet (purge, organize)
3. Front hall closet (purge, organize)
4. Library closet one (purge, organize)
5. Library closet two (purge, organize)
6. Attic (purge, organize)
7. Storage shed (purge and organize)
8. Workshop (purge, organize, clean)
9. Paint and install French doors in library
10. Install door in living room hallway
11. Paint hallway trim
12. Paint living room/kitchen door
UPDATE: Plus, wash all the downstairs windows.
Here are the ground rules:
1. Each item on the list may or may not take more than one day, especially since I am keeping half a day free for working on a book collaboration;
2. Each day may or may not be consecutive;
3. The goal is to finish the list before the start of the spring semester;
4. If I finish early with my grading, I may allow myself a head start.
Let the games begin.
I am so excited.