I've been working a few hours this past week on tidying up a flower bed in one of our neighborhood parks, so I haven't been spending very many mornings in the shop (and afternoons are out of the question, since it gets hot enough to bake bread in there). But I've made a little progress, which I thought I'd share in a quick update.
After milling all the components and gluing together the top, I made templates:
and routed all the mortises needed (shown here on the caps and feet that will be attached to the legs):
I laminated two boards together and made the stretcher and cut the tenons. I wanted to cut the top in a graceful arch, so I took a page from boat building and used a thin piece of wood as a batten to draw the curve, which I then cut on the bandsaw:
Here is the stretcher, dry fit into the mortises of the two legs:
Next up is to cut and fit the tenons of the legs into the mortises of the caps and feet. I should be able to get that done tomorrow, after which it is simply a matter of attaching the top to the legs, et al. Hopefully, I can get that done tomorrow morning before it gets too hot. I think it's going to look pretty good when it is put together.