I probably shouldn't be rolling this out just yet, since I haven't got all the pricing details worked out. But frankly, the cuteness factor just plain overwhelmed me and I just had to do it.
So brothers and sisters, without further ado, I present to you the first ever Bike Garden cycling jersey, honoring the South Plains Food Bank:
Is that adorable, or what?
This snappy garment was created with the able help of Jason Bailey at Canari, who took my scratchy little vision and transformed it into something that is (in my humble opinion) an heirloom-quality cycling jersey.
- There are two fits: Vortex Pro (which is Euro, i.e., snuggish and streamlined) and "club fit" (looser); I think the one I have is Vortex Pro and it seems fine, but I'm going to check up on that.
- There are three mesh rear pockets
- On the back panel, Pearl's thought bubble reads, "If you can read this, you're too close."
- On the front, Henrietta greets the rising sun, or a fried egg, depending on what your mood might be that day.
- The South Plains Food Bank logo is on the front and back, and the name is on the sleeves.
- "The Bike Garden" is written on the side panels.
- The sleeves will have a solid racing stripe (like the image on the bottom, not the twin racing strips on the sleeves in the middle image).
- On the back of the collar are printed the words "Joy is a kind of courage."